Camino de Santiago

On May 16th, I will begin my Camino--a 500 mile walk that begins in France and crosses northern Spain. Before I leave, I hope that this answers some of the questions you may have about my adventure. While I'm on the road, I hope to occasionally update it with postings and pictures. (Note: I'm not good with technology post-1985, so don't count on seeing any pictures.) As this is a journey for my soul, I may not be as diligent as I could be in updating this blog or in keeping in touch with you while I'm away. My apologies in advance. I hope you, and I, enjoy my journey. Gina

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

24 hours, 35 minutes to departure

In case anyone was worrying that I had given up my procrastinating ways, you can take a deep breath and know that the earth still revolves around the sun and I still wait to the last minute on everything.

I am happy to say that this morning I finally booked a hotel for my night in Paris, so my travel arrangements are looking pretty good. The footwear issue, however, is a different story. I'm still working on that one. I'd like to thank all of the many Von Steimles (you know that outdoorsy, tromp around in the Alps family from the Sierras of Cape Girardeau) for all of their fabulous and contradicting advice about my footwear. A special shout-out to Mom for suggesting I get a pair of those old lady SAS shoes. I think that would make quite the fashion statement on the Camino.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your prayers and help and advice and presents. It has been greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Janey Frazier said...

5/21/07
Hi,
Just wanted to say all is well here. Checked on mom and Rosemary
yesterday.

Mom would like to hear from you sometime. You know what a worrier she is.

Love from all of us here in Cape.