Camino de Santiago

On May 16th, I will begin my Camino--a 500 mile walk that begins in France and crosses northern Spain. Before I leave, I hope that this answers some of the questions you may have about my adventure. While I'm on the road, I hope to occasionally update it with postings and pictures. (Note: I'm not good with technology post-1985, so don't count on seeing any pictures.) As this is a journey for my soul, I may not be as diligent as I could be in updating this blog or in keeping in touch with you while I'm away. My apologies in advance. I hope you, and I, enjoy my journey. Gina

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Ay, Ay, Ay!

"Ay, ay, ay!" I'll be leaving in less than 10 days and I have so much to do. I did manage to finally get a backpack I'm happy with today. It's nice and big and pretty and expensive and it should fit everything I'm taking along. If not, I'm going to have to leave stuff behind. As most of you know, I'm a packrat and one of the many challenges I will face on this trip is learning to do with less stuff. When I finish the Camino, I hope to be able to come home and finally clean out that basement.

My zapatos , alas, are a different story. I bought a pair of hiking boots last week and I'm not so sure they're the perfect fit. I want them to feel like butter, but they don't. I'll make one more trip to the store to try on boots, and if I don't find what I want, then I will make do with what I have already purchased and go on a mad dash to break in the boots.

Does anyone want to go hiking with me this week? If so, let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Impressive journey.
Bon voyage! -- I just had to say someting en Francais!
We will be tracking you.

Annie and David

Anonymous said...

Well, you know I will be living through your adventure! I am so glad you are doing this.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." Henry David Thoreau

Have fun

Darla Leach

popokibj said...

Oh, the places you will go.

Ann :)